Battleclinic Stats

Monday, September 27, 2010

Still searching

Trying to find the right fit can be hard. Primary difficulties are my schedule and my desire for a fun but serious group without too many restrictions and requirements.

I've moved out of the system where the pirate corp that I was looking at is based. They declined my application for the implied reason that I didn't have enough small group PVP experience. I would like to state that when my work cycle started, I had about 1100 points on their killboard. That score would have put me in fourth place - one place ahead of the recruitment officer - if I had been eligible to be listed. It's odd, I cut my teeth in lowsec for 18 months flying in small gangs. Since then, even when I was in large alliances, I almost always flew small gangs, since I didn't have the fleet ships trained. I have since trained those ships, and even trained caps, but I am most comfortable in small gangs.

So, that means that their letter was a polite dismissal for some other reason. Probably the fact that I haven't been flying for about a week. Due to my work schedule, I am gone for 8 days, followed by 6 days when I can play. I informed some of the members of that corp that I would be gone for a week, except logging in to change skills and market orders. Evidently they either are not flexible enough to live with that schedule, or they lack the internal communication to disseminate such information when provided by a recruit, or they had some issue with me personally and they're not able to be forthright with me about it.

So, regardless of their reason, they are not a good fit for me.

No hard feelings.

Cya in space...

No comments:

Post a Comment